- On 13th September 2017
- HR outsourcing dubai, hr outsourcing uae, Hr services in dubai, HR services in uae, human resource management
It is perhaps not widely known, but succession planning can help a company to fill a hole that will be left by an unexpected departure of a key employee. HR services in Dubai can be of good help in giving advice regarding this as it is believed that all organizations are advised to have a succession planning to be prepared for the imminent exit of one of their employees that would leave them with a hole in their ship. This succession planning is a method that can be used by companies to ensure that they wouldn’t have any problems arising when an employee leaves. Key people in the company are picked and have their knowledge and skills enhance to prepare them for advancement to the next level, especially when most of the senior people are part of the Baby Boomer Generation. It is advisable that the knowledge and experience of the latter be passed down to the next generation to keep the company grows even more.
There are a lot of possibilities that could happen in an organization no matter how big or small it is. There must be only a few organizations or none at all that are ready to face each unexpected challenge that comes their way. One of those unexpected challenges is losing a key employee that the business is heavily relying on. If this happens today, is your company prepared? The next sections discuss all this—succession planning.
What is Succession Planning?
This term is actually a process that helps you identify and develop your current employees who are capable of replacing your higher-ups in events when the latter decides to leave or retire, or on occasion, when you need to fire them, or when they suddenly die. This strategy ensures that some of the current people in your organization mature in a way that will help them fill the position that seniors would leave behind. This can give a company a helping hand, preparing them so that no key role will be left open, resulting to some of their employees not being pressured even more to do twice the job that they have simply to help fill the void that is trying to eat them left by a senior.
What Kind of Company Needs Succession Planning?
It is believed that every organization regardless of the number of employees in their hold is in need of succession planning. It could be that there is a lesser probability for a company of 10 people to have a potential replacement for every role, but cross-training can be done for this. By doing a cross-training, employees chosen can be prepared to take care of the job for the time being when an employee resigns. This keeps the organization from sinking slowly due to a huge responsibility weighing them down without anyone holding it up. It may not be as good as having an employee that actually went through training but this will keep everything on track.
Advantages of Succession Planning for Both Employers and Employees
Aside from being prepared for a possible loss in the company, when a succession planning is done, the effectivity of it brings advantages to everybody—for both employers and employees. The list below states what the advantages are that clearly show how it helps both.
Advantages for Employers
- People who are already aware of how to carry out the mission and the vision of the company can continually do so as they achieve the organization’s goals.
- Prepared employees can step into roles easier to keep your company growing and expanding, without worrying how to complete the tasks at hand left by someone else.
- The replacement employees are prepared if you decide to promote them or redesign entirely your company’s structure. Without worrying about any lack of people to be put in certain positions, necessary changes that need to be made can be done so.
- Millennial generation will be able to inherit the Baby Boomers generation’s tons of years of knowledge, experience, working relationships, and information before they all leave with the Baby Boomers. And this will be staying in your organization for years to come, retaining the quality began by your old employees.
Advantages for Employees
- It will shoot some boost on employees’ self-esteem and self-respect when they find out that they can be trained for a replacement for a key role. This makes them feel more valuable and can enhance their productivity.
- Any development that employees can have is greatly appreciated by them so knowing that there is a new opportunity in the coming future that they can obtain triggers a person’s desire to work harder for that development and opportunity.
- You can help in identifying the skills, experience, and development opportunities that are needed to be improved by the employees so they will be informed and be ready for the next opportunity that can come up.
- The chance to work side-by-side with their manager or supervisor making sure that the employees have a career plan that leads them to the direction of the company’s next opportunity. This will give the employees an idea regarding the experience and education they would need for career progression.
Succession Planning Developing the Employees
There are a couple of practices that can be used in order to develop employees: lateral moves, assignment to special projects, team leadership roles, and internal and external training development opportunities that can be recommended by any HR services in Dubai.
The organization must be able to identify the areas that the key employees need to improve. All employees must be aware of the career paths and roles that they are being developed and trained to fill. In this way, it will be an easier way to conduct succession planning.
Succession Planning can be a little tricky to implement, and a professional advice from with HR outsourcing agencies is indeed suggested as they understand how to train employees for their development. As masters in searching for the right people for certain positions, these HR companies are knowledgeable in what area your employees need to improve and the right approach to doing so as they know the methods of improving employees. In light of that, Payroll Middle East, one of the leading HR outsourcing company in Dubai, UAE can give you useful advice.